Saturday, September 27, 2003

Leroy Is Not A Very Good Boy

>>
>> > >> >
>> > Leroy came into the kitchen where his mother
>> > was making dinner. His birthday was coming
>> > up and he thought this was a good time to tell
>> > his mother what he wanted. "Mom, I want a bike
>> > for my birthday."
>> >
>> > Little Leroy was a bit of a troublemaker.
>> > He had gotten into trouble at school and at home.
>> > Leroy's mother asked him if he thought he
>> > deserved to get a bike for his birthday.
>> > Little Leroy, of course, thought he did.
>> > Leroy's mother, being a Christian woman,
>> > wanted him to reflect on his behavior over
>> > the last year and write a letter to God and
>> > tell him why he deserved a bike for
>> > his birthday. Little Leroy stomped up the
>> > steps to his room and sat down to write
>> > God a letter.
>> >
>> > LETTER 1:
>> > Dear God,
>> > I have been a very good boy this year and I
>> > would like a bike for my birthday. I want a
>> > red one.
>> > Your friend, Leroy.
>> >
>> > Leroy knew this wasn't true. He had not been
>> > a very good boy this year, so he tore up
>> > the letter and started over.
>> >
>> > LETTER 2:
>> > Dear God, this is your friend Leroy. I have
>> > been a pretty good boy this year, and I
>> > would like a red bike for my birthday.
>> > Thank you, Leroy.
>> >
>> > Leroy knew this wasn't true either. He tore
>> > up the letter and started again.
>> >
>> > LETTER 3:
>> > Dear God, I have been an OK boy this year and
>> > I would really like a red bike for my birthday,
>> > Leroy.
>> >
>> > Leroy knew he could not send this letter to God
>> > either, so he wrote another letter.
>> >
>> > LETTER 4:
>> > Dear God, I know I haven't been a good boy this
>> > year. I am very sorry. I will be a good boy
>> > if you just send me a red bike for my birthday.
>> > Thank you, Leroy.
>> >
>> > Leroy knew, even if it was true, this letter
>> > was not going to get him a bike. By now, Leroy
>> > was very upset. He went downstairs and told his
>> > mother he wanted to go to church. Leroy's mother
>> > thought her plan had worked because Leroy
>> > looked very sad. "Just be home in time for
>> > dinner," his mother said. Leroy walked down the
>> > street to the church and up to the altar.
>> > He looked around to see if anyone was there,
>> > then picked up a statue of the Virgin Mary.
>> > He slipped it under his shirt and ran out of
>> > the church, down the street, into his house,
>> > and up to his room.
>> >
>> > He shut the door to his room and sat down
>> > with a piece of paper and a pen. Leroy began
>> > to write his letter to God.
>> >
>> > LETTER 5:
>> > I'VE GOT YOUR MAMA. IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN,
>> > SEND THE BIKE.
>> >
>> > Signed, YOU KNOW WHO